Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Denyse Schmidt at Joann Fabrics!

I took my first quilt class in July 2009, and didn't start collecting fabric and keeping track of fabric trends until a while after that. So when I finally tracked down the designer and line of all the fabulous fabric I was seeing, I was devastated that Flea Market Fancy and Katie Jump Rope (both from designer Denyse Schmidt) were so difficult to find - and expensive when found!

Today I'm seeing a lot of quiltland buzz about fabric Denyse Schmidt has designed and is selling at Joann Fabrics!

From Ms. Schmidt's Facebook page:

DS Quilts Collection is a studio line of fabric and patterns (the latter via McCalls). We'll be releasing new fabrics throughout the year (and hopefully beyond), as well as more patterns... with McCall.

I'll also continue to design, new (and of course totally different) patterns and fabrics for independent shops. Look for new fabric from FreeSpirit in January 2012, and new DSQ patterns this fall.


I don't have a local Joann Fabrics store, but I will be traveling past/near three in the next couple of weeks. I had planned to splurge on some echino fabrics for my birthday later in the month, but I may just score some Denyse Schmidt from Joanns instead!

1 comment:

  1. Me too. I only recently started to collect fabric by designers. Really do love Denyse Schmidt from Joanns :)

    ReplyDelete