Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Drawstring bag addiction

If you spend any time reading quilting/sewing blogs, you have probably been seeing a lot of adorable drawstring bags popping up, like I have.

I think most of them are using the fabulous tutorial by Jeni of In Color Order. She previously posted a tutorial for this great bag, and now has made a pattern available with several different sizes.

I've only finished one so far, but I love it SO MUCH. Probably an inappropriate amount!

My favorite color, one of my favorite fabric designers, and a well written pattern. It's the sewing trifecta!

So, here's the one I've finished:


And here's what I have prepped:

It was almost painful to cut in to some of my favorite fabrics. But ooh, the new, scrappy possibilities!


1 comment:

  1. Project Linus collects scraps to make quilts for children who are seriously ill, traumatized, or otherwise in need. Check them out in case you ever want to donate or create a quilt for them using scraps :) It's a great cause

    http://www.projectlinus.org/index.html

    ReplyDelete