Monday, April 25, 2011

Far Far Away 3 and a Start

There have been a couple of blogosphere posts about Heather Ross' Far Far Away III today.

I haven't had the opportunity to see either of the other Far Far Away series in person yet. They look great in quilts, but seem a bit girly for me. However, I am very excited to see Snow White and the Hi Ho's (you may call them Dwarfs in your house) in FFA III!

My older son has loved Snow White since he first saw it, somewhere around two years old (I think?). He used to wake up in the middle of the night and play in his crib until he fell back asleep. I would doze on and off, keeping an ear on him. There was about a month last winter where I would inevitably be pulled back to awake by a hearty, "hi HOOOOOOOO."

Now I just have to figure out what to make for him.....

In other news, my mother in law came this afternoon because she has a work meeting to attend in town tomorrow. She took the boys out for quite a long stroll, and gave me time to start sewing a baby quilt that needs to be done very soon. Luckily, all the contemplating and agonizing over it I've done in the last few months seems to have helped, because it is coming together quickly.

I can't believe I have waited so long to begin the actual sewing, but I'm going to blame it on the unexpected sicknesses we have encountered most of the last month.

Here's to fewer germs and more sewing in the weeks to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment